Denne idé er en del af Welfare professions and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Our idea is to make an awareness program of the UN Sustainable Goals by simplifying the main ideas in order to present them in schools and educate children's behavior. We mean to do that by making a book which will help them visualize the goals providing also a teachers guideline in a form of a small brochure.
Our idea is to make a book for young children (age 6-10 years) to help them get to know about the UN's Goals.
We are doing it in a way so everybody can join in and get benefit from it. There's going to be short, easily understandable sentences about the goals.
We got the idea because none of us knew about the goals before this week, but we now understand how important it is to know about these goals.
Therefore we think that the earlier awareness of the goals the better. Also for the children to know the consequences.
It would be a good idea to educate the children and make it visual in a way they can relate and understand.
The book and brochure are going to be produced from recycled paper, which will benefit goal #12 - Responsible Production and Consumption.
Is our solution possible?
We think that our idea is possible, as it is an idea we have thinked about, and we have considered what possibilities there are for it to be implemented and how we can get it communicated to as many people as possible, so it can be completed and so the children can get the knowledge and learning about climate change and the world goals through the book, where it will be visualized for them.
Why this idea?
- Why not just jump to a YouTube video and show the goals?
We mean that by providing the children a description of the visualization, they gain an understanding that might be missed if they're only trying to process images, rather than listening to the explanation.
We want to make the education of the UN Goals available to all schools around the world, and therefore we think that making a book can make that wish possible since not all schools have access to electronics like computers and iPads.
- To raise awareness of UN's Goals as a whole, although every country deals with different problems.
- To take into consideration other peoples difficulties and their fate they can't resolve without help from others.
- Targetting the generation who can make a difference in the world by thinking about and discussing these issues from a young age to make it a habit trying to make the world a better place.
- Children are the most suggestible group since they are more likely to adapt and accept a new way of thinking.
- It is important to spread the word about the SDG's because this information isn't easily accessible everywhere due to the language barrier and lack of promoting and advertising.
- Children learn naturally in comparison with adults.
- Technology is not needed in the process of learning.
- Expenses divided between schools and UN.
- Not only visualization but also activation of children, putting it into practice.
Can it realistically be implemented?
We think that our idea can be implemented and it is realistic because we are making a book for the children in other countries and one of our professions are business administration, so we can use that in our idea, and make it realistic and useful.
The social educator is about taking care of people, who need help or support in their life. We work also with children in the school and are supporters in the classes, and help children who need support, so the idea is much about the social educator profession, because it can be a part of our job to take care of some children in the school, and support their learning. The business administration bachelor can we use when we are going to sell the idea in front of other people, and if we want to make a business out of the idea with the books to the children. Social Pathology and Prevention is about working with people in need, and is a little bit like the social educator, helping people in need, which our book does, because we make the book to children who don’t have the materials in their country to learn about the climate and other stuff. The nurse educator is also about taking care of people and helps other people who need help, and can also be helping children in the age of 6 – 10 years.
Children’s Learnings Strategies
The American Professors Dr. Rita Dunn and Dr. Kenneth Dunn is based on St. John’s University in New York worked on the American concept of "Learning Styles", which is about what factors can help people or children learn in the best possible way while getting something out of it. Dunn and Dunn believe that everyone has their own way of learning. It is important that the learning environment is arranged so there are rooms for all learning styles in relation to each child. It is individual from child to child which learning styles they possess. When we look at the Dunn and Dunn model with the different learning styles, we can draw them over in relation to our idea, which learning styles would be, and which could help the children to understand our book and message with it. In relation to our idea, we have thought how the children could best learn from our book, where we have thought about pictures that they can look at and some text that belongs to the pictures so that they can better understand what it is about and be reflective of what we write or show of pictures in the book, where it is much the psychological and physical elements that play in here (http://www.laeringsstil.dk/omlaeringsstile.asp). Associate Professor, Bente Eriksen Hagtved is known for learning through play and has worked with the oldest children in kindergarten. She has among other things used pictures for learning at the child, as a learning strategy for the child, which is also a bit of the learning strategy that we have based on, in relation to our idea with the learning book (https://www.folkeskolen.dk/26474/boern-kan-skrive-sig-ind-i-laesningen).
- We need to visualize the connection between the book and the games.
- We need to consider whether the book is going to be implemented in an actual subject or as an individual week.
- Good use of colors!
- Our product is simple. That makes teachers want to use it since, there's not much preparing for class. Everything they need to know is to find in the teachers handbook.
- We need to start by implementing the book in one country at the time.