360 Challenge 2019
THREE SIXTY CHALLENGE
Are you an entrepreneur, do you work for an innovative company, or do you simply have a great idea that can promote a sustainable social development in or outside Denmark?
We want to hear from you! Send us your solution and get the opportunity to pitch live in front of a jury and live audience.
The three best pitches within the following categories; ‘startup’, ‘established business’ and ‘grassroot’ are each awarded with a cash prize of DKK 10,000 and an exclusive meeting with a prominent advisory and investor board to discuss your needs and further process.
Launch of the 360 Challenge 2019
Participate in the challenge by submitting your idea no later than august 5th at 12:00 (noon). Follow the instructions below
Submit your idea before August 05 at 12:00 (noon).
The Partners of the 360 challenge are selecting the 9 best ideas to pitch on the 10th of September
The nine finalists are announced here on challenges.dk
On September 10 the nine finalists will pitch their ideas live in front of a jury and an audience at the Danish Stock Exchange. The jury will find one winner in each category.
Can you connect the SDGs, new technology, innovation, and profitability in practice?
The 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) function as a compass for the world's development and represent a great opportunity for Denmark and Danish businesses to make a positive difference in the world by delivering solutions to global challenges while turning a profit.
Do you or your company have a business idea or initiative that can promote a sustainable development in or outside Denmark? Then send us your solution and participate in the competition to win the 360 Challenge 2019.
The winners operate successfully in the intersection between digitization, innovation, new business models, and the SDGs.
Every year, the Danish Chamber of Commerce, Green Network, The Danish Ethical Trading Initiative, and the Danish Business Authority announce the 360 Challenge to celebrate Danish change-makers from startups and established companies
The winners from the categories 'startup', 'established company' and 'grassroot' are each awarded with a cash prize of DKK 10,000 and an exclusive meeting with a prominent advisory and investor board.
The three best cases from each category will be invited to pitch their ideas at the Danish Stock Exchange on September 10, 2019 in Copenhagen. All submitted nominations are made available collectively by the four organizers.
To be considered for the 360 Challenge 2019 you must describe your business idea or initiative according to the following criteria. We recommend you use these headlines in your nomination.
- Profitability and scalability: Your idea or initiative must have an earning potential and you must be able to demonstrate scalability, preferably with an international scope.
- Innovative and / or using new technology: Your solution can be based on new digital solutions or be innovative in other ways, e.g. through the business model.
- Focus on sustainability and impact: Your idea or initiative should be sustainable and contribute to solving one or more of the challenges that society face in relation to the SDGs.
The shortlisting will emphasize that all three criteria are included in the description.
Please also upload photos of e.g. your business idea, team, company logo etc.
To participate in the 'startup' category you must have a Danish CVR number and the company must be under 5 years old.
To participate in the established company' category you must have a Danish CVR number and the company must be over 5 years old.
If you do not have a CVR number, you can participate in the 'grassroot' category.
Deadline for nomination is August 05, 2019.
How to participate
Create an account with username and password and upload your nomination. It's that simple. Please send us an email if you have any problems.
The event is conducted in Danish but it's possible to nominate, pitch and participate in the Q&A with the jury in English if preferred.
The jury who chooses the 3 winners of the 360 Challenge 2019 is:
- Søren Stig, angel investor, board member and member of Nordic Impact
- Ilse Jacobsen, board member at The Danish Growth Fund, entrepreneur, business angel
- Rasmus Stuhr Jakobsen, CEO, CARE Denmark
- Marie Louise Gørvild, CEO, Tech Festival
Marie Louise Gørvild
Advisory- and Investor board
The three winners are invited to an exclusive advisory- and investor meeting following the pitch event.
In the advisory- and investor board is:
- Pelle Pedersen, board member in multiple startups etc.
- Richard Georg Engström, founder of IMPACT X - The Impact Business Index
- Peter Joakim Kofler, chairman at Danish Entrepreneur Association
- Mette Fløe Nielsen, angel investor and chairman, CONNECT Denmark
- Søren Stig, angel investor, board member and member of Nordic Impact
- Human Shojaee, entrepreneur and co-founder. Sustainary
- Søren Jensen, senior program officer at Innovationsfonden
- Anne Katrine Heje Larsen, co-founder & director, KPH Projects
- Finn Mortensen, director in State of Green
- Mikkel Skott Olsen, head of +impact.io, Danske Bank
- Silja Nyboe Andersen, investor at Merkur Cooperate Bank
- Jacob Ravn, head of access2innovation
- Marie-Louise Harritso, Director Northern Europe in Reach for Change
Pitch & Win!
In 2017 and 2018, 360 challenge has celebrated startups and established companies that successfully work in the intersection between innovation, new technological solutions and sustainability, and contribute to the SDGs. We do that again in 2019!
As something new, in 2019 we have added the ‘grassroot’ category, which rewards a great idea that has the potential to make a difference but is not yet commercialized. We do this to put focus on all the talented young people who are passionate about making a difference.
The 3 best business ideas or initiatives in each category will pitch live in front of the audience and the jury.
The competition and award ceremony will take place on September 10, 2019 from 13-17:30 at The Danish Stock Exchange in Copenhagen.
The event will be opened with a welcome toast by Pernille Berg, head of research at The Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship.
Subsequently, at keynote speech will be given by Anders Morgenthaler, film director, author and climate activist.
The three winners will be announced by Thorkil Sonne, chairman of the Council on Corporate Social Responsibility & The Global Goals
Register for the audience and see the program for the day here.
Meet last year's winners
They are saving the world one cup at a time
The winner of the ‘startup’ category at the 360 Challenge 2018 was Kaffe Bueno
“These guys are ticking all the right boxes. They reduce food waste, think in circular economy and create some good products. And then they have a high ambition. As they say, they want to save the world, but sometimes you have to do it one cup at a time."
- Secretary General of the Danish Refugee Council, Christian Friis Bach
“It's great with the recognition for our hard work. Winning the 360 Challenge means that we might find the right investors so that we can continue to do what we do. We are really looking forward to continuing our work.”
- Juan Medina, Kaffe Bueno
They are focusing on Africa and India
The winner of the ‘established company’ category at the 360 Challenge 2018 was BLUETOWN
“BLUETOWN won because they have a big, global ambition. They are truly innovative in their approach to the project, and then they are enablers of challenging the sustainability potential of other companies. At the same time, the project is powered by renewable energy, and they focus a lot on areas such as Africa and India, where there is a great first mover potential.
- Director of Development at Vækstfonden (Growth Fund), Mette Skøt
“We are happy to bring our history back to Denmark. We have had great success in attracting international interest, but it has not been as easy in Denmark. This win is in many ways a blueprint on our idea. We would like to think about sustainability and the SDGs in our project. We are really proud of that!”
- Louise Kjær, BLUETOWN